Skip to main content

Oh Goody!!!

Oh how fun to receive ephemera from random people.  Well...not that random.  He knew that I did art and gave my husband this to give to me...  
He found a bunch of old paper while fixing up an old house here in New Orleans. He said it was trash to him but maybe I could use it for something.  I say, "Hell Yeah"!  Oh...excuse me.  Sometimes I get carried away.  

Check out that ticket from 1876 and that picture of NOLA.  I wonder if the store front still looks the same.  I will have to investigate but I know that statue isn't there anymore.  I also have a Louisiana lottery ticket from the 1800's!  How exciting to receive such a treat.  I kinda have some ideas on how to use this treasure but  you will have to stay tuned to find out.  The creativity has to flow on its own terms.  Mixed Media here I come.  I'm thinking a collaboration is in order.  Hint, hint...

So for now I bid you adieu.  Have a fantabulous weekend. 

Namaste
Kalaya

Comments

  1. oooh! what a fantastic gift!! you should scan those into your computer so you can use them over and over again but save the originals!
    i love mixed media...hint hint...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a good idea. I was going to use the originals. You should see them. One card broke in half during handling! They are about to disappear. Time to get a printer/scanner and then spread the love. XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Risk to Bloom

It all started with an acorn button and grew from there. In an earlier post I mentioned this button swap blog hop, that I am participating in, and how I was immediately drawn to the acorn button.  Every day I would hold it in my hand, feel its essence, exam it, and then put it down.  This lasted for about 2 weeks. Then I remembered I had etched an oak tree on to brass when making buttons for my partner Kylie of Lotus Out Loud .  And... so begins the journey of creating something with this wonderful acorn button, which only started yesterday. Haha!  Etched brass was copper riveted to a piece of oak.  Merci beaucoup Papi for finding some oak!   I am using what Jesse taught me in his workshop .  It was the first time trying his technique.  It worked beautifully! The riveted brass was then captured with a piece of pierced copper. Voila! And then the day came  when the risk to remain tight in...

Mandalas

Mandalas have been on my mind a lot lately.   Struggling to find my truth.   I find making these in the studio calms me. Vitreous enamel, steel, and silver. Silver and copper ring Even though I knew that hard solder melts at 1450 degrees I still had to try enameling the copper.  In theory the solder should not have run.  If I only took it out of the kiln a minute sooner this may not have happened. A total melt down but I love that color!  :) Vitreous enamel, copper, and 22k gold leaf My intention for the above mandala was a ring.  The challenge was difficult but I managed to make it. Vitreous enamel, copper, 22K gold leaf, and silver I feel myself pivoting once again and feeling the need to create amulets and talismans but in sculpture form. Each person's life is like a mandala - vast, limitless circle. We stand in the center of our own circle, and everything we see, hear and think forms the mandala of our life...everything t...

The Arrowmont Experience Pt. 1

I know from previous experience that I had to ask the driver to stop at a grocery store before dropping us off at Arrowmont.  I was feeling so good about having all my ducks in order and then this happened! I'm sure I screamed WTH because everyone was looking at me but I wasn't the only one in shock. I was thinking...great!  Now I will have to walk to get my wine.  LOL!!! Arrowmont for 2 entire weeks!  Yeah....Bring it on.  I can do this...roommate annd all. I was in Anne Havel's  All Fired Up: Who Knew a Torch Could Do All This? My notebook for ALLLllllll the notes I'm going to take. OMG!  I don't know where to begin.  I have so much to share.  Let's see... I fell in love with a cup. Annnd...then I bought a cup made by Jason B. Burnett.  He had me at the hexagons. Just an aside here.  I couldn't buy the cup I fell in love with.  Arrowmont has an assortment of ceramic cups in the mess hall to use....