You know how sometimes one has unfinished pieces hanging around? Well, I have a bunch. This particular piece has been waiting for me to try a new technique. Pictured below is the front. I wanted to make the backside matte.
When I enamel I usually like the glossy look but I wanted to try a matte finish. I tried to use wet sandpaper 600 grit to get the matte finish but this is how it turned out.
It was very uneven. I decided to give etching cream a try and this is how it turned out.
Oh well! At least it's the backside. I was going to put it back in the kiln to fix it but sometimes you just have to stop messing with it before it's too late. I'm going to have to do more experiments to try and achieve that matte finish. Here is the final piece on a cable chain.
Live and learn. Have a great Sunday!